Long Distance Moving with Jay's Saskatchewan
If you are moving long distance within, to or from Saskatchewan, which movers can you trust with all your worldly possessions?
Local moving is usually relatively simple, but there is much more planning and organization required when moving long distance. Uprooting a family, leaving one city or community for another far away is complicated and few people will remember (or know about) all the tasks that need doing. Hiring experienced movers like Jay’s Moving Saskatchewan is the best way to ensure a well-executed long distance move.
What’s the First Step?
· Contact Jay’s as soon as possible; the more lead time we have, the better
· An experienced long distance moving consultant will be appointed and they will be your contact for the duration of your move, and
Your consultant will schedule an in-home survey to assess your needs and estimate the weight
of your shipment so they can make an accurate quote.
Like a personal planner, your moving consultant is there to answer your questions and concerns, describe exactly what will happen during the move, and will be available to you at all times by email or toll free phone.
What can you expect from your Jay’s Moving representative?
- · Prompt, professional and courteous service at all times
- · A detailed explanation of all the services we offer
- · Coordination of third party services like disconnection and reconnection of appliances, and
- · Troubleshooting of any difficulties that may arise during your long distance move
For a long distance move, how are charges determined?
· The weight of your shipment and the distance you are travelling are the primary determiners of rates so, during the in-home survey, let your consultant know if any items in your house are to remain so that you receive an accurate quote.
· If you change your mind about what you need to take, the quote can be adjusted later.
An experienced long distance moving company like Jay’s Moving Saskatchewan can be expected to deliver your goods intact, but accidents can happen. We always recommend that you obtain transit protection
for your goods, and there are different ways to do this, including:
· Released Value Plan; a basic coverage based on the weight of your property which is offered as part of your move at no additional cost to you
· Replacement Value Plan; which will ensure replacement at the current market price of a damaged item that can’t be repaired to its original condition. Your shipment must be protected to a minimum value, and you are required to establish a realistic value of the goods being transported, and
· Motorized Vehicle Coverage; to provide protection of your motor vehicles, trailers, campers, snowmobiles, motorcycles, boats and motors. This coverage is limited to their current market value, based on model and condition. Each item must be listed separately on the Bill of Lading
A long distance move to, from or within Saskatchewan is complicated and requires careful planning. An experienced long distance moving company like Jay’s Moving Saskatchewan knows how to get you there, on time and on budget.