Tax Deductible Moving Expenses from Revenue Canada
“If you are employed or self-employed, you can deduct eligible moving expenses from employment or self-employment income you earn at the new location.” – Canada Revenue Agency
Moving expense deductionsfrom Revenue Canada are intended to give you a tax break on your relocation costs. Even full-time students relocating for higher education may qualify.
Moving home for work, education, or personal reasons can be expensive, especially if you don’t hire an experienced mover. Although the government provides some tax deductions for moving expenses, it is advisable to find a moving company that provides quality transportation and storage at competitive prices. You don’t always have to pay high rates for excellent service; and money saved is money earned.
Jay’s Moving has been providing top quality transportation at affordable rates for over 50 years. Families and businesses throughout Saskatchewan, across Canada and North America will vouch for our modern vehicle fleet, secure storage facilities and great pricing. Our staff is experienced in the business and dedicated to service excellence and on-time delivery.
Call Jay’s at 1(877) 715-7421 now for a move estimate.Save all your receipts to file for moving expenses with Revenue Canada.
Some eligible moving expenses for Revenue Canada include:
- Transportation and storage costs (such as packing, hauling, in-transit storage, and coverage in case of damage or loss) for household effects, including items such as boats and trailers;
- Traveling expenses, including vehicle expenses, meals, and accommodation, to move you and members of your household to your new residence;
- Costs for up to 15 days for meals and temporary accommodation near either residence for you and the members of your household, and
- The cost of canceling a lease for your old residence, except any rental payment for the period during which you occupied the residence.
You may also claim incidental costs related to the move, including:
- The cost of changing your address on legal documents;
- Costs for replacing driving licences and non-commercial vehicle permits (not including vehicle coverage); and
- Utility hook-up and disconnection charges.
Refer to the Canada Revenue Agency website.
Jay’s Moving is a name you can trust for well trained logistics personnel, years of industry experience and an unwavering commitment to quality service. We guarantee absolute customer satisfaction and treat your household possessions as if they were our own. Connect with us for a happy home relocation. Call 1(877) 715-7421.
We’ll provide the receipts you require to claim moving expense deductions from Revenue Canada.