Packing your belongings for a move, whether local or long distance, is an art. Jay’s Moving Saskatchewan can provide professional packing services to ensure the safe arrival of your precious items.
When you arrive at your new home it would be extremely upsetting to discover that despite your best efforts some of your treasured objects were damaged in transit. If you use the professional packing services offered by Jay’s you can rest assured that they have the materials and knowledge to pack your shipment securely.
For your local or long distance move, Jay’s Moving Saskatchewan offers:
- Full packing services, which means packing, moving and unpacking all the items you indicate need to be moved, and
- Partial packing services, in which you can choose to ensure that certain fragile, valuable, or difficult to pack items are professionally packed.
How do you determine what needs packing? After you contact the moving company, they will assign a personal moving consultant to manage your move. This consultant will arrange an in-home survey at your convenience during which they will:
How do you decide what needs to be packed? When you contact the moving company, they will appoint a moving consultant to oversee your entire move. The consultant will schedule an in-home survey during which they will:
- Assess your packing needs, and
- Determine which items are particularly treasured or valuable to you that may require special packing or crating to be well protected during your move.
The moving company uses different types of containers to efficiently and securely pack all your belongings, there are:
- Large boxes for bulky items which may be awkward but aren’t too heavy;
- Small, strong boxes for packing heavier objects;
- Wardrobe boxes to transport your clothes on hangers to avoid wrinkling;
- China barrels; durable, reinforced boxes constructed specifically to safely transport your plates, bowls, stemware and other dishes, and
- Book boxes; small, sturdy boxes designed to protect your books and magazines.
Jay’s Moving also always uses the correct materials for packing your items into the containers, materials such as:
- Bubble wrap,
- Heavy paper, and
- Tissue paper.
The moving company uses these supplies to protect your valuables and sentimentally treasured items from getting dirty or damaged during your move.
Proper labelling of the boxes is important to prevent chaos at the other end of the move; the moving company will clearly label your boxes with:
- Your name;
- The name of the room in which they belong at the new location (kitchen, bathroom etc.), and
- The contents of the box.
It’s our practice at Jay’s to label the boxes on their sides, because if you need to store some of the boxes for a while, either in a storage facility or at your new home, the boxes can be stacked and the labels will be visible you you can identify their contents.
A designated set-up box is provided by the moving company, it will contain items that you will need immediately upon arrival at your destination, like:
- Necessary parts for assembling disassembled furniture;
- Baby or pet supplies, or
- Anything that you know you will need access to right away (coffee maker perhaps?)
When you reach your new home, the movers will place all the boxes into the rooms as per the labels, unpacking those boxes that they packed. You have the option of purchasing put-away services as well, which you might consider if you are pressed for time or need certain rooms functioning right away (the kitchen, perhaps?).
Packing for a move is a formidable task, whether you are moving locally or long distance. Make the best use of your moving company by using their professional packing services. Jay’s Moving Saskatchewan can make your move much easier!